Monday, May 02, 2005

A little bit about my job

From the “Things that may only be amusing to Tony” file:

Today in class, the students had to practice making sentences into questions, the one that amused me was this:

Ken’s pen is on the desk.

So, in question form:

Is Ken’s pen on the desk?

The problem was at least half a dozen students wrote this:

Is Ken’s pen is on the desk.


The problem is that some of the students didn’t put a space between the third and fourth word of the sentence.

Hilarity ensued.

8 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't get it

FDawg

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't I get it? FDawg

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok... i have a feeling Scott was behind a message or two here...

the real FDawg

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Duncan McAllister said...

That would be hilarity.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Frank....think about it...just remove the space between the word pen, and is, and the sentence takes on a whole different meaning.

 
At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog but you don't post enough. Is it true that you're not coming to visit your favorite cousins in London? Say it isn't so?
alayne

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Tony said...

SMS! (Am I allowed to call you that?) Long time no comment on my blog! No decision has been made about a trip to London....but most of my friends here who are from England are very undesirable characters...so I'm not so sure.

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Former English Teacher here, I got it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home