Saturday, April 09, 2005

Hello from Singapore

Hi to all,..Singapore has been an amazing tropical paradise..it started with the Singapore Air flight..they are definitely head and shoulders above Air Canada..we each had our own T.V. with choices of 25 movies and T.V. shows etc…was great

Our Hotel here is really modern and in a great location..Singapore’s main population is Chinese.(76%),East Indian(14%) and 7% malaysian…and the rest mixed. English is the main language although sometimes the cab divers and restaurant help are hard to understand…but everyone is so friendly and eager to help..we have taken cabs almost everywhere as they are so reasonable..starting fare is only $2.20 it is a great way to get around..highlights have been the Jurong bird park..9,000 birds and 600 species… China town and Little India were amazing, and the Holland village where we met Sarah (nee-Moser) and her husband Miko..what a great couple..we had a really enjoyable evening.

The food here is unbelievable..so much variety and so many restaurants everywhere, Danny loves it even more because the price is right..most of our meals have been about $3-$4 plus our drinks..the only down side is that the liquor is very heavily taxed and a beer can is about $4..not too much of a hardship though..have tried some different Thai and curry dishes and everything is great.

There has only been one incident of terror Singapore style..we had decided to take a cable car ride to Sentosa Island in a glass bottom car ..it all sounded wonderful until we got to the cars and discovered that they were totally enclosed and “very HOT” ..Danny right away started to sweat..I thought it would be O.K. for me being able to look out..so after having to return to the ticket booth and wait in 2 lineups again, Tony and I were in the car and ready for the door to close and Tony with his sense of humour said “Dad would have a hard time in this coffin”..well I couldn’t get out fast enough..I felt badly because I thought Tony should go but he, being the dutiful son, would not leave me to find Danny..Teena and Terry, you owe Tony big time!

Tony flies out tonight..we will be so sorry to see him go..he has been wonderful..thank goodness he comes home in Aug. (He’s taking his laptop so this is it until he blogs again..) love to all the S’porean Bells

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loathe to the false accusations against F Dawg in the last thread... how dare you Scott... after all of our ups and downs... it brings a tear to Frank :(

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tony: Don't worry about me I'm a big boy. Dad: I always worry about my kids -- that's the fatherly thing to do. Tony: Dad it's you that needs to be coddled and pampered --I am strong and virile and independent. Mom: Did you pack everything? Tony: MOTHER just leave me alone --I can take care of myself. Dad: Tony I suggest that you take one last sweep of the hotel room before you leave for the airport. Tony: Dad stop bustin my chops. I've packed everything so will you just cool it. Mom: I want to give you some foodstuffs. Tony: MOTHER would you just leave me alone PLEASE. Off our son goes leaving behind two broken hearted parents and the following: 40 (count 'em) pens, 5 glasses, 2 books for gifts for his friends and colleagues. Yes our little boy has demonstrated his i ndependence once more. MOTHER

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that gave me a solid laugh this morning. I give it a 9.5 out of ten. It reminds me of my SFU days when Tony's Mom would visit and would spontaneously start cleaning his room within minutes while "oh dear... Tony? (finds something on the floor) Tony? (finds an old bowl in his room). Tony? (realizes that the battle is endless and retreats after a few minutes of intense cleaning)"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home