Friday, April 29, 2005

I got the giggles today.

I'm not a person who laughs a whole lot. When I see a really funny comedian or a funny movie, I hardly laugh at all. I can think it's the most hilarious thing in the world, and all I really do is giggle quietly to myself. So it was a very odd moment when I got a case of the giggles today at the hairdresser.

I went into my usual hairdresser; as usual, I was greeted by all of the staff yelling, "Welcome!", and "Please sit down and in stall number 11!". I really don't know what came over me today, I'd gone in for a haircut, but as I was sitting down I decided I only needed a shave.

Getting a shave at a Japanese barbershop is a wonderful thing, they actually shave your entire face. The area between your forehead and your eyebrows, your eyelids, your upper cheeks, you really get the full meal deal. Anyway, I always lie back with my eyes closed, I think that's what most people do, it just seems natural. Today as I was lying back there with my eyes closed, I decided to take a peek and see what was happening. I looked up, and my hairdresser was had a very intense look in her eye as she was working on my neck. As I looked at her, only one thought came to mind, "I wonder what she would do if I bugged out my eyes - (ie gave her a look of horror)!", for whatever reason I just could not shake this idea, and for an even more demented reason, at that moment, I thought it was about the funniest idea I had ever heard in my life.

Anyway, the more I thought of it, the funnier it got. I started questioning the logic of my scheme, scaring the crap out of somebody who has a razor blade next to your neck isn't exactly the brightest of ideas. That made it even more funny in my mind, I actually started giggling so hard I had to get her to stop shaving while I gathered myself. Looking back on it, I think it was more of a weird situation than anything, not exactly hilarious, but I hope it was blog worthy.

Well that pretty much sums up this post, I just wanted you to know that it was actually not typed, but rather dictated through a new piece of software I got, so if the tone is a little off that should explain it. Also of note, I'm aware that the terms giggle, and giggling, half off feminine ring to them; this is also OK with me, I'm secure in my masculinity, and I'm secure with my giggling.

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey T-Man! Well, I'm dissapointed with the lack of comments for this post. I thought it was great. Maybe that's because I think of crazy things like that too. For example, what would happen if I just pushed that person over and kept walking? For obvious reasons, I have yet to follow through with any of my ponderings. See ya, Scott

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Thanks for the comment Smack Daddy!

Isn't that weird when you get those impulses. I wonder why it happens?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home