Sunday, April 17, 2005

Spring has sprung!

FINALLY!

Spring arrived in Sendai about 2 weeks late. But it's here!





These pics were taken by my main man Takachuki after practice yesterday!


Spring is the absolute best season in Japan, and the start of spring is signaled by the arrival if "Sakura" or cherry blossoms. People sit out under the blossoms and drink the night away*. The weather is also the best Japan has to offer! It's not too cold, and it's not yet hot and humid like summer. Just pleasant!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to all of the "hanami" (cherry blossom parties).


The Trip Retrospective

A great trip with my parents...I thought I'd post a few pics for y'all!



Mom and Dad shivering at Matsushima Bay.






Mom posing in the rainy city of Nikko.





Shinjuku station in downtown Tokyo. This kinda captures the action. The busiest station in the world.





Prec watches as the chef prepares dinner at our table.






The view from the Tokyo tower. Urban sprawl for all the way past Yokohama (50kms).





Mom and Dad chilling in front of Kinkakuji. Kyoto's golden palace.





Dad making the moves on a geisha girl.





Prec shows what he thought of the Canadian pavillion.






Here we are outside of the "ride" that broke down in the German pavillion. Poor Prec....





Our one and only Singapore pic due to camera snafus. Singapore is a phenomenal place. This pic is in the "Little India" shopping district.

5 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cherry blossoms really highlight your eyes.

F Dawg

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Hien said...

Tony...I was in that EXACT place in front of Kinkakuji. The place is not so impressive up close. You are totally going to look like your dad when you are his age.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Those are 2 distressing comments...particularly Hien's.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think you are distressed -- I thought I was craggily handsome not vacant looking. Hien have another look please. Pman

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Hien said...

My apologies to both Bells
The heat mustve gotten to me and (apparently) as a result I leave silly comments that actually are the OPPOSITE of what I meant to say
gomen ne!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home