Tuesday, February 08, 2005

THE "HUGE NEWS"

From the end of my January 30th post, "Expect a HUGE NEWS post in the next 3 days."

So without any further ado, here's the news...

I'm coming home in July 2005.

This may not seem like big news to you, but on January 30th when I mentioned "HUGE NEWS"
was on the way, I had planned to stay one more year...but after flippity flopping on this issue several times, I have finalized the decision and I'm coming home (perhaps via Europe or South America) in July.


The other big news between now and then is that Mom and Dad are coming to visit at the end of next month. I'm totally pumped up, and I see they even got a mention in the Onion newspaper. (There's an inside joke in there somewhere...)

6 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT GREAT HUGE NEWS..SURE MAKES A LOT OF PEOPLE HAPPY..LOOKING FORWARD TO SPENDING TIME WITH YOU..THE ONION NEWS ARTICLE ON THE AVIAN FLU WAS INTERESTING...

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colonel,

good to hear you are coming home. How is Sadako taking the news, hmmmm (Beaton tone)? You will have to come out to SK and chill (literally). See you in a few months... FDawg

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony,

Since I'm not in Canada I'm not that excited about you going home. I am, however, excited that you might be arriving in London!!! Let us know when you've made your mind up, but believe me what could be more fun than quality time with your fav (2nd) cousins in London?!

Alayne

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony! That is awesome! I'm so excited! It took a minute for the gravity of the news to set in after I read it. Somehow in the back of my mind I had built up this idea that Japan is where you lived and you weren't coming home - you were already there. Weird, hey? Anyways, I'm glad you've dispelled that myth. Looking forward to seeing you. Hey... you can come surfing with us this summer!! Scott

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome news, Tony! You've made your mother an extremely happy woman! I pray that I can experience that same level of happiness next fall when I hear that my London girls are coming home! Can hardly wait to see you and hear about all of your adventures first hand.
Rose

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony: I see Rose has taken the opportunity of your returning home to inject a bit of guilt into her wayward daughters. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home