Sunday, December 19, 2004

An eventful shower

The other day I was in the shower. It was early so I was rubbing my eyes; while I was rubbing I felt got a strange feeling, and I heard an ominous pop.

"This is it", I thought to myself, "I have somehow manged to pop my eyeball out of its socket". (I have been fearing this day would come for quite some time.) I cupped my hand over my right eye (to hold the potentially dislodged organ (is the eye an organ?) in place). I got out of the shower dripping wet and stood in front of my mirror. I must have stood there, buck naked, for about a minute. I was mentally preparing for the horrific scene that was to ensue when I removed my hand. Would the eye come tumbling out? Surely it's attached by sinews and nerves, so how far would it drop, and when it reached the end of the slack, would it bounce back, bungie style, or rip right off. My mental image was that it would drop about a foot, then bounce around hanging by thick, pink sinews.

Finally, I removed my hand. To my relief, this website would not be seeing any business from me.

I returned to my shower, heart racing...and went on to have a decidedly average day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home