Thursday, December 02, 2004

I'm not a T-Man

My friend Jonny, a very funny British ALT, recently pointed me in the direction of t-nation.com. In case you're wondering, the T in T-Nation stands for testosterone. He also suggested that I might be lacking in the T department, and could use some tips from the site. He even went as far as to suggest that I may have some *gasp* E tendencies. (Whilst trumpeting himself as the pinnacle of t-men - you can see his posts on T-nation.com under the user name "Glute Alors!")

This got me to thinking about myself...do I really have E tendencies? Am I not a T-man? The answer was an undeniable yes...errr...no...okay I've phrased things poorly...yes to the first question and no to the second. Although I may be having some sort of double negative issue with the second question.

To clarify: I am not a T-Man.

Last weekend I was at the bar, and all the guys at my table started comparing their pecs (pectoral muscles). They would pull their shirts tight and try to flex their pecs, comparing movement and flexing styles. This is the truth: a segment of my life was devoted to proper vs illegal arm movement when flexing one's pectorals. (For the curious, even the most minor of arm movements, is a gross breach of pec flexing protocol.)

I have other friends who occasionally like to wrestle around with eachother. As a non T-man, I really don't understand it, and frankly it makes me very uncomfortable. I'm always concerned that it's going to spill over and somehow jostle me into the fray. Can someone explain to me what 20-something dudes are out to prove by wrestling? I understand there's something animal going on...but I understand it much better in nature shows - when too rams are banging heads, doesn't the winning ram get some action? This is a room full of dudes, there are no women to be impressed...and yet wrestling in some form still occurs on occasion. It's deeply troubling to me, but it seems to be accepted. Why is that?

I'd love to get a shout out from someone with some insight into the T-Man. What motivates this strange but common individual? Why does he need to flex pecs, and wrestle? And most importantly, why is he always offering to go skins in basketball when we have perfectly good pinnies?

I need answers.

Tony

P.S.
If you are looking to up your T-Level...don't consume soy.

4 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Thanks to Teena and Rose for the support. I am shocked that Mom would be so nasty about my "shortcomings". Mom, please keep these issues more private in the future. Teena raised some interesting points about P-Man eligibility. Right now, I'm not sure I want to be a future P-Man, but definitely something worthy of consideration.

Tony

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, and much surprised by Mrs. Bell's comments. My whole impression of her has changed. Anyway, Colonel, keep up the blogs. Too funny. Word to your mother... oh, wait, maybe not after that earlier post...

Ef Kap/FDawg

p.s. Are you and Sadako still going out or what? Frank needs details... and the Colonel is not providing them.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Nice attempt at a rumor FDawg! My family knows I can't be held down by one woman...be more realistic and suggest more of a "web of romantic entanglement" next time.

Tony

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadako, Michiko and Tony -- now that's entanglement. Love the Old Boot-- your Motherrrrr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home