Friday, December 10, 2004

Some Negative Feedback...

From my inbox tonight...


"... giving poor Japanese kids milkshakes instead of eggnog? You have reached a new low. If lowness were mysteries, that stunt would be the pyramids. If lowness were gayness, that stunt would be Richard Simmons in Pink Spandex. If lowness were roughness, that stunt would be rest-stop toilet paper.

I clearly hope you express my disdain/berating on your message board... and
perhaps then the rest will give you the denunciation your actions deserve. I am beggining to think that people such as yourself are here to teach us boundaries we are not transgress - it was a milkshake NOT eggnog.. Frank is so not impressed."


The person who sent me this mail wished to remain anonymous, so let's give him (or her) the pseudonym Frank C.

Listen Caputo, and any other would-be critics out there. It was the best teaching move ever. It got my students excited about Christmas, and interested in learning more about international cultures. The success was so great, in fact, that I actually brought in "eggnog" for all of the staff. It was a hit and a morale booster for the great staff at Takasago Junior High.

I am proud of my behavior in this, and frankly all of my teaching endeavors and I stand behind my decision 100%.

Eggnog sucks. "Eggnog" rules!

Tony

P.S.

We did Secret Santa's at the English teacher's meeting today. Check out the note that was on mine!




Pretty mysterious, eh?

6 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your P.S. letter was very mysterious indeed, but they whoever your Secret Santa is, they were dead on about your beautiful face. Regards, PMan

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony,

Personally I think that your "Secret Santa" is trying to get you to smuggle some sort of illegal substance into the country. I would be wary of that package and take a look before I got on any planes with it. Anyways, I know that I wouldn't be able to stop myself from looking.

I hope your Japanese pupils are still living in blissful ignorance of the true disgusting nature of eggnog. Although, the stuff you made sounds equally disgusting :).

Alayne

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Tony said...

At 9:34 PM, frostygirl said...

Tony: Tell Caputo to get a life. I for one enjoy your mediocre attempts at deception. Mario


This post made my head spin. From Frosty Girl. Signed by Mario. With a P-Man tone. I have no idea what to make of this.

Tony

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think... I was cursing Juventud aloud when I realized that frostygirl was behind the pocket insult. Boo-urns. FDawg stands by his statements, regardless of who makes them with a P-Man tone. Ef-Kap

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops... it's a little tired... and Ef Kap needs sleep for the stretch run... so he apologizes for his last post not making sense. He does not, however, apologize for his unapologetic berating of frostygirl; that was so deserved.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ef Kap: contrary to your assertions, you only make sense when you are tired. Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home