Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Guess who's back.

To be sung in a Backstreet Boys style:

Everybody......yeah---ah.

Rock your body......Yeah----ah.

Everybody, rock your body right.....Atkins is back ALRIGHT!


That’s right baby. Back on the Atkins horse, and already down a cool 9 lbs after a couple of weeks of meat. Keep in mind that I always fill my pockets with rocks and wear big boots and a jacket for the first weigh in, but even still I’m very happy with the hard earned weight-loss. All week it was like people were coming out of the woodwork to offer me carb-loaded foods, but I was good, and I didn’t cheat once, even when presented with a chocolate chip muffin and some deliciuos looking cream cheese cake* in a five minute period. I’m feeling pretty proud of myself. Current weight = 84 kgs – 185 lbs. If I can get below 180, I’ll be happy. I think I’ll be able to do it before the ides of June.


Caught Star Wars over the weekend. I loved it. I don’t like to use the term “orgasmic” to describe many things…so I won’t use it here. But if I were a fan of the term, I would use it to describe how good the second half of the movie was. Since I’m not a fan of the term, I’ll go with my standard all-caps “AWESOME”.


I’ve been reading about/playing a lot of poker recently. This may scare some of my readers. I’m actually not too bad and am really seeing some profits in my recent play. (I believe anyone can get lucky and win money, but I have been slowly, and steadily building my bankroll.) Right now I’m hovering around $400, but applying some of the stuff I learned in the latest book I’ve read, I really felt my game was way better this past weekend than at any other point. It’s nice when you try new things and they work right away.



* (Should this read cream cheescake? Or maybe creamcheese cake? I feeling very anxious about my final decision.)

7 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Bry said...

I've always just called it a cheese cake. Atkins, huh? don't think I could do it...especially living with Rose, but 9 lbs is very impressive!

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking I would like to get down to my lean 125 lb form from my pudgy 135. Do you think Atkins is for me?

F Dawg

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tony,
I think 180 is too skinny, stop the atkins right away, try something else like running, or lifting...you've always enjoyed that!
love ya,
tee

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Tee! Long time no receive comment from! I still check for "Teena Time" every day!

Trust me...180 isn't too skinny...it would be good.

FDAWG....do you really weigh 135? No way!

Poker sidenote: Up to $700. BOOYAH. New laptop here I come.

 
At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have come out of the woodwork. it was the mention of poker that did it. it is my obsession. sounds like the bankroll is startin to climb. what site r u playin on???maybe i can play u, shark some tables together. and what book? supersystem? anyway i am gonna side with T cause i think 180 is toolight. im 180 and FAR younger than you. anyway ttyl

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Gaby said...

I feel I need to interject and say something here. As a "Poker Diva" (as in, I take angry calls from obsessed poker players all day), I should warn you about the perils of online gambling. I've seen people with a bankroll of thousands, lose it all in a week due to bad beats and such. Instead, you should just come back to Vancouver and play live games and lose your bankroll to me :P It's going towards a good cause...?

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony Dearest-- stop gambling NOW!! Mother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home