Thursday, February 10, 2005

TRIUMPH!

Wow...what a feeling...that's all I can say about the following picture...this is a one in a million kind of a moment...and I'm just happy it happened to me.....mentally prepare yourself for what you are about to see...
:
:
:
:
:
:
;
:
;
;

;
;
;
;
;
;

:
:
:
:
:
:
:



Hand Analysis


Okay...so my user name is "attractivetb", and I'm the guy holding the 2 Kings. A pocket pair of Kings is a fairly common hand. It's a little more rare to hit 3 of a kind....but as you can see looking at the board...I've actually hit 4 of a kind....but even that happens once in a blue moon - I think the odds are about 1000 to 1. What is REALLY rare is hitting "quads" (especially high quads like kings) and having the 2 other people in the hand BETTING INTO YOU! What a tremendous moment indeed.

I know what you're thinking, and I even thought the same thing at the time. "This moment could be the pinnacle of my life. It is possible, nay, probable, that it is all downhill from here." After some consideration, I have decided, that if it is, in fact, the pinnacle of my life, I'm okay with it. Some people will never know the thrill of being bet into while holding "the nuts"...I have that, and I will cherish that moment forever.

7 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Bry said...

Nice...I've just learned how to play poker and I'm already loving it.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful sight indeed... only had one four of kind in hold 'em (eights). We are organizing a law hold 'em tournament... should be fun. We will have to play when you get back to town, Colonel...

Keep it real, Colonel... or should I say Chris Moneymaker (or dare I even say Scotty Ngyuen - beautiful hair on that guy).

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Duncan McAllister said...

Hey atb,

I am playing at party poker as well but I have never put any real money in. Any play in the play money NL Hold'em tournaments. gaby won't let me put any real money in.

My screen name is ElGuapo17.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Tony said...

I'm liking your screen name.

There's a famous fighter Bas Rutten...former UFC champ with the same handle:

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterID=214

You should play for some real money only after you have read up. The play money games don't really resemble the real money games....

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony: This is your Mother--I do not approve.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Gaby said...

For someone that works for an online poker room, I do not approve either. I have seen a TON of bad beats and people losing their money over this. You could have easily been on the losing end of that hand, with real money. Don't get me wrong, it's the future of my career, but not a good idea. And no Duncan, you're still not allowed to deposit money.

 
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good girl Lola! :)

T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home