Friday, February 17, 2006

Finally, it happened to me....

It finally happened, I knew it would happen sooner or later, and that it was only a matter of time, but it happened today. I'm sure all of my readers have been through this before, but for me, it was a first.

Today, standing in the entrance area of Zellers, I licked a payphone.

Some background:

I was in Zellers, searching for the game, "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" for my Nintendo DS. Frank and O-Town have been making me feel a little inferior about taking my MBA (they are at "Law School", so I figured that Phoenix Wright would give me a leg up on legalese. (I hear they cover this game in the more prominent law schools.)

They didn't have the game in Zellers, and I thought they may have it at EB Games, but I didn't want to drive over there to come back empty handed. In an "AHA" type of moment, I realized I could call from the Zellers, see if they had it, and either head home or head over to EB Games based on their response.

I've been fighting a nasty cold, and making matters worse, Kamloops has been hit hard by a recent cold snap. This has left my lips dry and chapped.

My "AHA" moment, coupled with my chapped lips combined to work heavily against me on this fateful afternoon. After dialing directory assistance to get the number, I licked my lips in preparation for the conversation. Unfortunately, the receiver was too close to my mouth, and I ended up making out with the receiver.

Many of you may be thinking that this was a quick moment, and I'm making it out to be more than it really was. To be clear, it wasn't a little dart, or a dab; it was a full-on, felt-every-indentation-and-hole-on-the-receiver, lick.

I will not forget today. I learned a lesson that unfortunately, most people (like me) learn the hard way. Licking payphones is rather unpleasant and should be avoided at all costs.

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Tony said...

That's funny....I get all comments emailed to me, so sometimes I get two or three "Rough Draft" comments in my inbox.

I must say, you probably have the most "self-edits" FDawg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home