Sunday, January 08, 2006

Web-surfing is so 2002...

This post got me into using RSS feeds in addition to browsing. Don't know what they are? Read the post.

It boggles my mind how much more quickly and efficiently I surf the web. If you check a the same websites every day...ie you have a rotation...check CNN, check SI, check ESPN, check your friends blogs, check your stocks, whatever...you can subscribe to the sites and read them all in one place. I had no appreciation for how it would effect the way I surf, but it has enabled me to get more information in a faster time.

Like the author of the post, I use FeedDemon.

Once you switch, you won't know how you surfed without one.

(My blog - like almost all blogspot blogs - is syndicated.)

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good recommendation on FeedDemon. I bought the software when it came out and have been very happy with it ever since. (I switched to a Mac last year, and have been using NetNewsWire, produced by the same company, also very happily.) There's a good list of RSS readers at Wikipedia, some of which are free.

RSS lets me get only the new items from sites, such as blogs and news sites. I even do some searches via RSS, so that I can get notified when people mention certain words or phrases. (I use PubSub for that, but you can also use Feedster or Technorati.) Instead of going to each site individually and having to remember which items are new, my RSS reader automatically visits 200+ sites that I follow and only shows the new stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home