Wednesday, June 08, 2005

"Thanks for the mean mail."

I received this email today from a former student....





(no subject) Inbox

ai.mate12.31-destiny@ezweb.ne.jp
to me
More options Jun 7 (21 hours ago)

Good evening!
I'm Tsukasa.
Change the email address!
Thank you for the mean mail!






I frantically wondered what on earth he was talking about. What had I said or done to offend this poor kid, and since when was sarcasm part of his repertoire? Am I really a mean guy who sends mean emails to former students? I was actually a little frantic - so I searched through my old emails to figure it out...here's what I dug up:





no subject)

wish-a.k-t.o-happily@ezweb.ne.jp
to me
More options May 30


Hi!Tony!
How are you?
I'm very happy!
Furukawa school is very good school!
I get many friends!
Could you do me a favor!
Please tell me.What is the English for `Mirai yosozu'?
It is a singer by Dreams come true.
Do you know?

ReplyForwardInvite wish-a.k-t.o-happily@ezweb.ne.jp to Gmail





Tony Bell
to wish-a.k-t.o-h.
More options May 30



Hello!

I'm happy you like your new school!
I checked the meaning of "Mirai yosozu".
It means "Predict the future" in English.

Are you busy ay your new school? I talked to Yuki Takahashi, and she
told me that she is at school every day until 8 o'clock! I think
Japanese students work too hard!

I hope you are having fun!

Tony



So there you have it....I guess I'm not such a mean guy after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home