Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I'm number 9!

So, I've resumed running....I'm trying to run at least 4 times a week, and I bought an iPod and a Nike running kit to help motivate me. Aside from a lot of Ebay drama (that I'm sure you all know about), things are going great. I have been putting in 5k every day (and taking 30 minutes to do it which for me is a reasonable pace.)

Anyway, I was checking the nike leaderboards, and it turns out I was number 9 in my age group in all of Canada* last week. See below (I'm AttractiveTB):



And! And! If I hadn't had an ultimate tourney over the weekend, I'd have likely been #2. (I think the number 1 slot is safe...for now.

So when you think about Canada's great athletes...Steve Nash, Donovan Bailey, Chris Benoit....you can add Tony Bell to the list.


*The Nike Ipod kit has not yet been released in Canadian stores, so very few Canadians actually have the kit - only eager beavers like me who went to the States or imported.

6 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also-- when thinking of great Canadian poker players, add Tony's dad to the list. The senior Mr. Bell schooled us last night. Phil

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks Phil(you would have been my ideal son). In any event when you young bulls try and mix it up with the cagey old bulls(Joe and Dan), you often get the horn! Dan Bell

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Another olde fart schooling the young boys. I know how it feels. I still have nightmares from being cleaned out with my Ace High Flush being beaten by Joe's Dueces over 4's.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Who's you're daddy?

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Tony said...

Let's try to keep the conversation focussed on ME. My Dad has really let the recent victory go to his head, so the less said about it the better.

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd-- Sorry I forgot the obvious--Who's your daddy??Prec, Doots and Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home