Thursday, April 06, 2006

Worst Beat of My Career

If you don't like poker. Too bad. I'm so angry right now.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (3 handed) internettexasholdem.com



BB ($140.25)

Button ($193)

Hero ($171.80)



Preflop: Hero is SB with As, Ac. Hero posts a blind of $1.

Button calls $2, Hero (poster) raises to $5, BB calls $4, Button raises to $20, Hero calls $165.80 (All-In), BB folds, Button calls $151.80.



Flop: ($349.60) Kd, Tc, 3s (2 players, 1 all-in)



Turn: ($349.60) Ts (2 players, 1 all-in)



River: ($349.60) Kc (2 players, 1 all-in)



Final Pot: $349.60



Results in white below:

Button has Ad Th (full house, tens full of kings).

Hero has As Ac (two pair, aces and kings).

Outcome: Button wins $349.60.



I am so angry right now.

I lost $350 on a 90/10 favorite.

I am so angry right now.

(Down $400 tonight - up this month - but barely).

I am so angry right now.

Tonight was one unbelievable beat after another.....I flop two pair, push all in for $50 into a $30 pot, a guy called with A 5 of spades....one spade on board....no pairs....he catches runner runner spades.

The beats were simply remarkable and plentiful....I didn't play my best to be sure, but subtract a few insane beats and I'm way up. I also donked off $100 playing blackjack after getting bad beat a number of times on a new site where I will never play again. Blackjack is Never Never NEVER a good idea.

So for the month of April I'm up $60 after a banner start to the month I feel like I need a month off!

YECH!

Seriously, calling an all in w/ A 10 offsuit. GIVE ME A BREAK! (Of course if I beat him, as I should have, I wouldn't be complaining about his brutal call right now.)

This also marks the first time that I've used foul language in the chat box at a poker table.

I keep editing this post to add more. It's theraputic.

4 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i`m dying to know exactly what smack you talked in the chat box. i imagine it wasn`t a repeat of "in half an hour i will have all your money" LOL.
i do sympathise but if youre going to play aggressive before the flop this will happen. pocket rockets are never ever guaranteed winners.
be happy you`re still up for the month, if the other guy habitually makes calls like that chances are he isn`t.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

My dearest Tony, we've all had bad beats before, it's part of the game. You can whine all you want, not going to change the fact you got beat. Poker, while yes involves much skill, much of it is eliminated online, and you play based on odds and sometimes pure luck. You didn't have any last night, get over it. And rockets, while logic would say they should win, they really don't win all that often. With 2 T's and 2 K's on the board, anybody with a single T or K has a full house. It's really not that bad a beat, really his 3T's would've beat your aces anyways, he had you on the turn, the river just made you closer with the 2nd pair.... and gave him the full house.

Basically, suck it up, when you play aggressive pre-flop, that's what happens. Sometimes you get burned. And next time you want to give your money away, let me know, I'd gladly play you.

In poker fun,

Jordan

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Jordan,

We'll have to agree to disagree on what constitutes a bad beat.

I think we can both agree that no one likes to hear whining about bad beats...but it's my blog, so suck it up.

Tony

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Gaby said...

I can't help but comment on this as I can assure you all, I have heard more bad beat stories than all of you combined... while I generally do not answer in this way, I can't help but say...

"Awwww, I think I hear the WHA-mbulance coming"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home